IMN Solutions, a Washington, DC area headquartered association, meeting and event management company is seeking a Senior Account Director to oversee IMN’s expanding Religious/SMERF client account portfolio. This person must be able to represent and manage an existing and significant client base with a specialized focus on and the experience, passion and ability to grow the religious market segment. This position works in a motivated and collaborative culture and reports to IMN Solutions’ President.
The person will work independently on client accounts as well as perform a variety of functions including, but not limited to:
- Handle all aspects of national accounts to include site inspection, contract negotiation and other client services as needed. Prepare RFP’s, track responses; create agreements, contracts and various reports.
- Develop and coordinate site inspections and travel arrangements.
- Lead and participate in client development.
- Data-entry using the organization’s custom database software.
- Build and grow client relationships
- Understand clients’ business and generate new ideas to enhance client services.
- Build trust, credibility, and client referrals.
- Dialogue with clients on future meeting needs and opportunities
- Create opportunities for new client development and industry network
- Serve as the liaison and negotiator to hotels for clients
- Create optimal support for client services
- Develop site selection proposals and contracts
- Develop Meeting Booking timelines and strategies with clients
- Develop Meeting Specifications to reflect client needs
- Determine hotels and destinations to receive specs with client direction
- Negotiate concessions and buying power to leverage best advantage for client
- Plan site visit and agendas for clients and attend site visits when appropriate
- Maintain room block management system to maximize pickup and determine when adjustments may be needed
- Stay connected to client through meeting planning process to ensure satisfaction and quality service from the selected hotel
- Assist and advise clients about any meeting planning/logistical challenges/needs and work to connect them with individuals who can help
- Educate clients on options and alternatives to obtain the best fit for client
- Work with convention and visitors bureaus to generate value added services for clients.
- Negotiate convention center agreements when appropriate for clients.
- Work in tandem with client vendors when needed to ensure smooth meeting operations.
- Assist and negotiate other vendor contracts for client as requested.
- Manage Financial Performance
- Achieve client targets within the context of the contract
- Maintain or improve account profitability.
- Follow-up with hotels on outstanding commissions
- Manage Administrative Assistant
- Partner with assistant to maintain client records
- Provide systematic procedures to assistant client needs
- Train, oversee, and prioritize the work of assistant.
- Approximately 5+ years of related industry experience, preferably association/hotel experience as an account director/meeting planner
- Demonstrated track record of client relationship development and service
- Strong knowledge or experience in account management/coordination, client strategy, and meeting planning.
- Strong attention to detail, good follow-through, great organization & communication skills
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills
- Sales and Negotiation skills
- Strategic & Analytic Thinking
- Detailed oriented and able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
Other Preferred Background
- Meeting and event planning plus onsite meeting and exhibition experience
- Experience with Cvent is desired
- Knowledge of negotiating contracts for audio visual, security, transportation, events, and general service contractor
Knowledge and use of the following software:
- Microsoft Office
- Adobe Acrobat/Professional
Apply by submitting your resume and cover letter to Barbara Myers, CAE, COO, at email@example.com.