IMN is a full service global company dedicated to the success of our clients and industry partners, providing exceptional association, meeting and event management services. Our vision is to be the leading advocate and essential partner for our clients and industry associates through our global network.
Our expert staff includes some of the most sought after talent in the industry with in-depth association, meeting and event management experience across a diverse range of industries. We are recognized experts within our professional communities and strategic thinkers who value collaboration with our clients to achieve shared goals
IMN is seeking our next Senior Account Director. This individual will represent and manage an existing and significant client base with the passion and ability to grow business for IMN Solutions. The Senior Account Director works to ensure all client needs are met and expectations exceeded. The Senior Account Director may also have management responsibilities for direct reports. Core job responsibilities require strong negotiation skills, professional customer service, organizational skills, ability to multi-task, creative thinking and problem solving.
IMN is seeking applicants in the Chicago area for this virtual position. Some travel to client conferences, events and meetings and IMN headquarters office in Arlington, VA.
- Handle all aspects of client meetings to include site selection, contract negotiation and other client services as needed. Prepare meeting specifications, RFP’s, track responses, create options reports, contracts, and various supporting documents.
- Develop booking timelines and strategies with clients.
- Negotiate meeting package for client to IMN Solutions standards.
- Work directly with Convention and Visitor Bureaus and hotel brands to engage the best submitted proposal.
- Work with destinations and hotels to arrange site visits for client. Create site visit itinerary to be shared with client, CVB and hotels.
- Monitor weekly pace reports and adjust room blocks as needed.
- Review final hotel pick-up reports, food & beverage history and AV/Internet usage report.
Client Services & Development:
- Responsible for understanding the established SOP’s for IMN client accounts.
- Advise clients on options, meeting planning, logistical challenges and industry standards.
- Assist and negotiate other vendor contracts as requested and work in tandem with client vendors when needed to ensure smooth meeting operations.
- Work directly with client and/or hotels to ensure quality service and/or resolve issues once meeting is under contract.
- Create opportunities for new business development and expand client service opportunities with new and existing accounts.
- Achieve client targets and improve account profitability.
- Produce and present annual client business review.
Strategy & Internal Support:
- Forecast client meetings, expanded services and business development
- Follow-up with hotels on outstanding hotel commissions.
- Prepare schedule and budget for client/industry travel.
- Train, oversee and prioritize the work of account manager and coordinator.
- May manage direct reports.
- Continuously assess the performance of the team and account workload. Conduct individual team member performance reviews.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- CMP preferred
- 5+ Years in Hospitality Industry (Meeting Planning and/or Venue preferred).
- Strong knowledge or experience in project management and meeting planning.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; Adobe Acrobat; database management; Knowledge in cvent a plus.
- Attention to detail; organization skills; ability to multi-task; interpersonal communication; strong negotiation tactics, strategic and analytic thinking are essential.
- Ability to attend client meetings, industry events and site visits when requested.
- Effective Communication
- Teamwork & Relationship Building
- Advocacy and Innovation
- Results Oriented
- Confidence & Agility
This position has the opportunity to work remotely with preferred location in Chicago, IL. This is an incredible opportunity to take your career to the next level and become part of our exciting global network comprised of association, meeting and event, hospitality and destination marketing professionals. We need individuals with ambition, passion and problem-solving skills to join our growing team and continue to help our clients’ organizations and events thrive. Find the job you love – join IMN!
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to: Barbara A. Myers, CAE, CEO, firstname.lastname@example.org.